Thursday 8 December 2011

Playful Pussy Bow

                                  Blouse-Vintage (St.Michael). Jumper- Boyfriends-H&M. Shorts-H&M. Boots. Marks +Spencers. 

As you can see, the wind in Scotland is CRAZY just now, felt like I was going to have a wizard of Oz moment when I left the house this morning. I think my hair could be mistaken for a birds nest in the second picture, so looks like I will be embracing the windswept look for the time being. 

The pussy bow blouse is one of my favourite classic wardrobe pieces. I organise the vintage section in my local charity shop and pussy bow blouses (along with anything furry or lacy) are the things that sell almost immediately. They are so versatile and that's what I like about them, they are playful yet sophisticated at the same time. 

I chucked on one of my boyfriends jumpers today to keep me warm and actually liked the outcome! The bow dresses up a plain jumper while still keeping it a casual look. The gorgeous Grace Kelly will be my inspiration when I try this look out again. 


You can pick up pussy bow blouses all over the highstreet just now but I would urge you to hit your local charity shops/vintage stores if you fancy a more classic/ granny chic style. 

Hollie x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Scatty Nostalgia, come back again soon!